Definitions of Plutocracy. Before proceeding further, it might be well to establish a few more definitions – in this case, for the word “plutocracy.” Here are a few definitions and their sources. (emphasis added)
- Plutocracy is rule by the wealthy, or power provided by wealth. The word plutocracy is derived from the Ancient Greek root ploutos, meaning wealth and kratos, meaning to rule or to govern.
- Plutocracy: 1. government by the wealthy; 2. a controlling class of the wealthy.
- Plutocracy: 1. government by the wealthy. 2. A wealthy class that controls a government.
- Plutocracy: 1. the rule or power of wealth or of the wealthy. 2. a government or state in which the wealthy class rules. 3. a class or group ruling, or exercising power or influence, by virtue of its wealth.
- Plutocracy: government by the wealthy.
|The Great Economic Divide|
|How the Pursuit of Profits Kills Innovation and the Economy|